Gymnasiump lane, 2
Years of foundation
In the complex of buildings of the Second Cadet Corps (now the A.F. Mozhaisky Military Space Academy), there is an arena or an exercise house, a building for drill training. It was erected by the architect Luigi Rusca in 1819-1820 and was at that time the largest educational building in St. Petersburg.
The powerful columns of the Doric order, combined with the triglyph-metope frieze, give a special solemnity to the building. The ends of the building are decorated with six-column porticoes and massive attics, which are echoed by eight-column porticoes in the middle of the longitudinal facades.
The original name of the Gymnazichesky Lane was Manezhny, after this building. Unfortunately, now it is in a dilapidated state and requires serious restoration. Inside there are the Club and the sports hall of the Mozhaisky Academy.