Active Orthodox church
The Church of the Shestakovskaya icon of the Mother of God was built for the premises of the Shestakovsky Voznesensky convent of the Tver Diocese. Since 1895 a wooden church has been located here. The stone church, designed by the architect N.N. Nikonov, was built in the period from 1896 to 1900. By its architecture, the building resembles the tent-domed churches in Moscow and Yaroslavl of XVII century.
In the 1930s, the church and the courtyard of the Shestakovsky Voznesensky convent were closed, and the church was stripped of its cupolas. After the war, the converted premises of the church housed a project institute.
In 1993, the building was transferred to the Georgian community of St. Petersburg. In 1996, restoration works on the church began. Until 2000, the Georgian community restored the church at their own expense. At present, the Church of the Shestakovskaya icon of the Mother of God is fully restored and serves as a Georgian Orthodox Church. Church services are conducted in Georgian and Church Slavonic languages.