The library has its history since 1946. It opened shortly after the liberation of Petrodvorets from the Nazi invaders with the return of people to the city. In 1948, the library celebrated its first housewarming. It was the Strukovsky mansion on Krasny Prospekt - one of Peterhof's remarkable architectural places. And in 1973, the library moved to a new house on Lenin Boulevard (now Erlerovsky Boulevard), 18, where it is located to this day.
Library readers enjoy free internet.
Semen Stepanovich Geychenko (1903-1993), whose name the library bears, is a Russian writer and Pushkin scholar. On his initiative, the Pushkin Museum-Reserve Mikhailovsky was recreated in the Pskov Region.